Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Simply Pretty


Any suggestions on what to imagine when you don't want to think what you are thinking, or be where you are being? I think I might invest in one of those corny mindful meditation tapes, because I draw such a blank for what fantasy life I'd love to have. I want to shut out the worrying...

Do you ever get concerned that when there comes a day you don't worry any more, you'll be at a loss for what to do with yourself? I don't really have this fear, because I don't think that I'll ever really stop worrying. I'm going to stop saying the word worry now, because I am annoying myself.

Either way, today I went out and purchased a sketch book, markers, pencil crayons and the like, and have started to actually sketch jewellery design ideas. So far, so sloppy. I get kinda tired of drawing dozens of perfect circles, and eventually they all end up different sizes and the necklace doesn't look as good on paper as it does in my head.

That says something about my artistic style.. it's funny that beading is so much about percision and patterns, but when I used to paint or draw it isn't at all about what comes next...

I have to learn to incorporate this kind of immediacey into my designs, arbitrary, less strict. I'm so caught up with how I don't feel my designs are complicated enough to compare, but honestly, sometimes I see some very intricate designs and think, if only that were a little less cluttered, you could see her collar bones clearer, it would lead me to the neck line of her dress in an elegant way, adorn her tasteful cleavage instead of drape it in distraction.

Simply pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment