Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let's Talk Insp-oo-ration




My heart for your pearls of inspiration.


K, so I've been discreetly taking photographs of people wearing nice jewellery on the ttc. I was told in class today that I should try to actually start a conversation with these people and pass out my card. But because I don't like to impose my oddness upon others, this has been quite hard. I debated with myself at sevvvvvv-ral stops today along the ttc as to whether or not to change seats beside an elderly black woman with funky jewellery. So, instead I took a picture, and she was weirded out. LOL, so I deleted the picture. Moral of the story: better to talk than stalk...


I bet she is the funky fun grandma to somebody cool.. blah. I wouldn't know now.





Right, so: I also get inspriation from my obsession with screen capturing nice jewellery on tv.. GOSSIP GIRL






has the most amazing peices. and the interesting thing I find about it, is that some of that stuff is so old fashioned and classic costume jewellery, not like you are seeing as street wear these days. It always makes me want to play with pearls in a modern way...




I also like to go by shop windows and take a look at the manicans. This way, I can have a little section of my portfolio dedicated to demonstrating how the shape and style of the peice might be matched with the customers outfit. If I learned anything from film school: photographic examples make it so that explaining an artistic concept isn't so darn hard..




I'll reiterate that my business won't function the way I want it to until I have clients who want to inspire me to make jewellery for their personality types... Tell me what you like about you.. and then you can like your jewellery too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment